Sunday, October 18

Teach Your Children Well

You shall teach [God’s Word] to your children . . . when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. —Deut. 11:19
The character of your children tomorrow depends on what you put in their hearts today.


I'm a SUPER strong believer of today's quote about what you put in your children's heart.  My almost-2-yr-old son is going through a stage that I wouldnt quite call 'Terrible Two's' but it's very close.  He gets really irritated I guess and hits things or throw things.  Daddy and I have tried so hard to use alternative disciplinary actions and not spank, but it's getting to the point that I think he takes it as a joke.  I dont want to totally confuse him and hit him for hitting someone else because that's just oxymoronic, but at the same time me telling him to "be nice" isnt cutting it anymore.  What's a mom to do.  


On another note, I mentioned my desire to get in shape on my post a few weeks ago.  Well, I'm happy to say that I've been able to keep up with it for the most part.  I'm working out to Gilad in my living room.  I TiVo him from the Fit TV channel.  I love the 80's style leotards, slouch socks and hair scrunchies.  I was actually quite surprised by how great I feel after the workout.  I guess the saying is true.  You get out what you put in.  So, in a few months I'll be taking a look at these earlier posts to see if I can see any difference in my appearance.  If not, I'm ditching the work out routine. 

Sunday was church.  Picture black stockings with this.  The ones I had had a baseball sized hole in them.  Not a good look for church so I had to go without.   I'll have to buy some before I wear this dress to church again.  After church we had dinner then left the babies with Granny and Gramps while we went to the Jon P. Kee concert.  We had a blast.  Gosepl music has a way of making everything okay.  For anyone who doesnt know who Jon P. Kee is here's a taste of his music . It was a wonderful experience. 

Here's what I wore:
  • dress - my job (DIY-dress orignally had flap which I cut off and added buttons to)
  • jacket - my job
  • heels - Guess