Saturday, July 3

Crazy? Likely!

jacket: GAP also seen here. shirt: old random thermal . shoes: Anne Michelle as seen here . watch: Michael Kors . bracelet: a necklace I received as a gift . bangles: an Indian store in my town . purse: Vintage Boutique find

Hypercritical?  Maybe.  Perfectionist?  Possibly.  Crazy?  Likely.  LOL  Whatever the case may be, whenever I sit down and begin the selection process for deciding which pictures make it onto the blog, it seems like I notice every single flaw from the muffin top bulge to the spot of spit up compliments of Julia that I thought I cleaned off, to the days that my really cute hairstyle that I spent hours whipping up, turns out to be not so cute.  Every little flaw screams out at me.  Today's flaw is actually one that I can laugh at in hindsight.  The dark areas on my shins, which I've come to call my cheetah print, bug me like nobody's business but there's a story behind them.  The Hubs is ALWAYS telling me to slow down and take my time. Well, several months ago, my equilibrium must have been off because I fell down the stairs at home and at church.  Yes, two different flights of stairs at two different times.  Luckily, I was not seriously injured keep your jokes to yourself lol but I did get bruised pretty badly.  The cheetah print is where the bruises were worst and apparently never fully went away.  They are a constant reminder to me to take my time and remove my 5 inch heels before stomping down the stairs in the morning.  Match point: staircase.  Lesson learned.  



Whomever came up with the quote that patience is a virtue was not kidding.  I'll admit that I've always had issues with patience and since having children I've gotten way better, but there's still that brat in me that wants what she wants and wants it now!  So, when the Hubs told me the other day that he had a surprise for me but it wouldn't be here for a few days, you can imagine my rage of anxiety.  First let me say, I'm the biggest fan of surprises that you ever did see, so I was thrilled and grateful...and anxious all at the same time.  Here I sit, counting down the hours till the delivery of this special package.  It feels like Christmas circa 1989 all over again.  Santa better get his hinney here and get it here quick.  I'll be sure to let you in on the surprise when it comes.





What was the Pit and what was the Peak of your day?  I try to ask my husband this every day during dinner.  I had an interesting day.  I definitely had an emotional pit, but I also had a super great peak, which is what I'll share with you.  I had the chance to stop by my favorite vintage boutique and wouldn't you know it, I hit the jackpot.  I love the rush of finding that special one of a kind item or several special one of a kind items.  I found some really cool pieces that I think you'll enjoy.  Now, I just have to figure out which items I already have would compliment these new pieces best.  I'll give it a shot and you can be the judge. 


Praying you all have a safe and fun Fourth of July!