Saturday, June 26

Taste of Chicago!



Hello Darlings!  It feels so good to be back home.  If you're wondering where I've been and why I haven't posted in the last few days, the fam and I went to Chicago with our church for the annual Youth Convention.  We arrived there in the wee hours a little too wee if you ask me on Thursday morning and returned home on Saturday afternoon.  I'm sorry to say it wasnt much of a fashion du jour trip for me and I guess Ill just come out and say that I dont quite have the whole fashion-du-jour-while-on-mommy-duty thing down just yet. Dont shoot me but, I go for comfort over style. Dont worry, Ill figure it out one of these days. Dont give up on me.  However, I did manage to take a couple of of shots of some stylish Chicagoans while we strolled around the festival and thought I'd share them with you.

funky skater dudes

turquoise & boots

simply floral

comfy chic

Forever 21

periwinkle & wedges

fedora & gladiators

If you read last Tuesday's post you may recall my minor obsession with Garrett's popcorn.  Well, you'll be happy to know that I managed to score a bag of butter and caramel mixed popcorn.  Luckily for me, one of the vendors was Garretts popcorn, so I didnt have to force the hubs to take me downtown to the Garrett's store. FABULICIOUS! 


I hope you enjoyed this mini-post!

P.S.Our Youth Convention was a huge success. Several of our young members and visitors gave their lives to God and got saved. It always brings tears of joy to my eyes when I see someone come to the realization that God loves them regardless of their past or their shortcomings. I know how wonderful that experience is and I become overjoyed.

P.S.S. if anyone found a black iPhone at the LAX airport on Wednesday, that would be mine.