Tuesday, June 22

God, Garrett's & Gunshots

jacket: CAbi . top: Abercrombie & Fitch . skirt: CAbi (one of a kind sample) . watch: Michael Kors . belt: vintage find . purse: she&josh . shoes: zigisoho

Every July my church has our National Youth Convention in a different location to fellowship with our sister churches around the country. This year we’re bringing our worship to Chi-town! I’ve never been to Chicago but I’m actually looking forward to it. I hear the summers are pretty nice, the people are friendly and the pizza is killer. But beyond pizza clearly I’ve got a one track mind…food, what good eats are there and where can we get them?




While we’re on the subject of food, here’s a fun fact. Inarguably the best popcorn known to man originated in Chicago. That’s right, Garrett Popcorn!! and yes that deserves 2 exclamation points!! I was blessed to partake in this delightfully delectable treasure a few months back and my co-workers and waistline will tell you I have not stopped talking about it. I don’t know if Garrett puts an extra stick of lard in his secret recipe or what the deal is but seriously I’m going to have to get old school and say it’s, “DA BOMB”.  Don't believe me?  What's your popcorn pleasure? 
And there you have it, my friends, yet another reason why I’m thrilled to tears to be going to Chicago. 




A note of sadness.  I stumbled across an article at Chicago Breaking News Center about a recent wave of violence.  Over the weekend, 40 people were shot across the city of Chicago. Eight of these victims unfortunately did not survive.  The victims range in age from one to 44 years old.  No one is in custody for any of these shootings.  Please lift up these victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers and tell those who are special to you that you love them.