Monday, July 26

Alabama, Ready or Not Here We Come!

vest: thrifted boys denim jacket . shirt: boys thermal long sleeve . pants: Union Bay cargos . shoes: Issac Mizrahi . bag/wristlet: random find

Here we are in the beautiful state of Alabama for our church's national convocation.  We come every year and it's always a blessing.  Alabama weather this time of year is muggy, hot and a randomly rainy.  So, it's not abnormal to see folks walking around in the rain with shorts and flip flops on.  Just for the short time I've been here, I can say with every fiber of my being that I'll NEVER live here if I have any choice in the matter.  I'm sure the humidity is good for the skin and all but it's a nightmare for my hair and that's reason enough.  Although, the people are very friendly.  Nothing like that southern hospitality.


You might notice that I'm wearing the same cargo pants and jean vest that I had on in my last post and OOTD.  I subbed out the black Jessica Simpson heels for leopard print flats, which I actually LOVE even though flats drive me crazy.  Instead of the black tunic I'm wearing a gray thermal.  The play on pattern and textures and print was fun.


If you haven't had an opportunity to see my OOTD video from my last post, check it out.  I shared a recent purchase of some black heeled oxfords....DOPE!  I cant wait to wear them.  Tell me what you would wear them with.