Thursday, July 8

Twenty Somethinger


Right about now it's beginning to hit me that in less than a month I'll be 30 years old.  Thirty years old.  THIRTY YEARS OLD!  I think my heart skipped a beat.  I don't know why this is such a huge thing for me.  I've never been one to get hung up on age, or so I thought, but for some reason 30 is just HUGE!  I'll no longer be a "TWENTY SOMETHINGER".  I can no longer blame it on being "young and inexperienced".  I'll be expected to offer a sound and rational solution to the problems of the world and be caught up on current events.  People will no longer ask me what I want to be when I grow up, because I will be grown up.  But what if I said I don't want to be a grown up?  I wouldn't say I have Peter Pan Syndrome but there's a part of me that's definitely clinging onto 29 for dear life.  What's up with that? There's nothing in particular that I miss about my twenties, I guess it's just the stigma of being 30 and having it all together that frightens me most.  For the record, if I see a gray hair anytime soon, I'm going to freak!  The countdown has begun folks.  

shirt: thrifted . purse: coach . jeans: thrifted . shoes: Carlos Santana. belt: Bakers . watch: Fossil . neckwear: DIY (coming soon) . Sunnies in San Francisco: randomly picked up




I guess the good news is that I've got a legitimate reason to plan a killer birthday bash.  Since I don't do clubs, drink or boogie, dear heavens that sounded like something an old person would say, I was thinking that I would celebrate with a 30&30 dinner, simply put I'd invite 30 friends to get all gussied up and celebrate 30 with me.  If you're reading my blog for the first time, you don't know about my secret obsession with food.  If food had a Twitter I'd follow.  If food had a Facebook fan page I'd "like" it.  Okay, I'm getting carried away, anyways you get the jest.  So, as long as I can plop myself down somewhere and eat to my heart's content I think I'll be good.  On second thought, I really don't want to plan this thing myself.  Maybe I should plan a surprise party.  Brilliant!  I wonder how well that would go over.  Oh, I don't know what I want to do.  How's that for a "sound and rational" solution?  What am I gonna do with myself?






How did you or do you plan to celebrate 30?