Wednesday, August 4

No Such Thing as Too Much Color

bag: vintage find . shirt: vintage find . jeans: sample sale . cami: billion years old . shoes: classified . watch: Michael Kors

In recent years I've struggled with wearing a lot of color.  I think since becoming a wife and mom, I've had the notion that I need to start dressing like a wife and mom.  Not your Peggy Bundy mom, but more like the Carol Brady/Claire Huxtable kind of mom which translates to wearing colors like tan, neutral, nude, beige, blahhh.  High-waisted everything and kitten heels no knock on kitten heels because they're actually making a comeback are just not for me. Maybe when I get into my golden years whenever that's supposed to be I'll turn into a grown up and begin dressing like one.  But hey, I don't feel old so why look old?  Dear Peter Pan, I totally understand!




It was love at first sight when I spotted the top I'm wearing tucked between a frumpy cable knit sweater and a random Tommy Bahama Hawaiian print shirt.  It was almost like the feeling you get when you find money in your pocket or anywhere reallyExhilarating!  Then to find it was under $5.  That's less than I spend at Starbucks...although I'm getting better...don't judge me LOL! 




Where was I?  Oh yes, color.  So, I've added some pops of color into my wardrobe and funny enough it makes me feel more fun...if that makes sense.  I just feel more stress free.  It's so true what they say about wardrobe affecting how you feel.  If you go to work looking a hot mess, chances are you're going to feel like a hot mess and your productivity level and quality of work will be a hot mess.  And if you look a hot mess long enough, you'll end up hot-messing yourself out of a job.  Are you picking up what I'm putting down?  Not to say that wardrobe is everything, because it's certainly not, but if we're being honest, I think we all feel better when we look better and what you wear is definitely a part of that.  And can I just say I love that the phrase "hot mess" has become a household term.  I think I even heard Jay Leno say it. Okay, so I might be making that up.